When disaster strikes we help you get back on your feet.
Our goal is to make insurance claims stress free by delivering quality workmanship and getting the job done as quickly as possible. And as an approved insurance repairer you get a lifetime workmanship guarantee for our work*.
Our customer response forms show that our level of service is second to none – see what our customers say. View testimonials
*Dankav is an approved preferred repairer for Suncorp, Vero, AMP Insurance, AAMI, APIA
Why use Dankav?
- Dankav is an approved Insurance Company builder – this means our work carries a lifetime warranty for your peace of mind.
- Dankav is a licensed builder with insurance policies covering our building activity on your property.
- We have a claims and customer service team to support you through the process.
- Our business has been undertaking insurance repairs for 10 years. We understand the process and have a track record of delivering for our customers.
- We use quality materials and experienced staff – Dankav only uses qualified and licenced tradesmen.
- We take great pride in our reputation for ‘getting the job’ done. You can take comfort in the fact that our ability to get quality work completed quickly is second to none.
Why experience matters?
Dankav has 10 years experience providing services to the insurance industry. Our expertise ensures we identify all aspects of damage during our initial visit. It is very important that any hidden damage is not missed, unless properly identified and rectified, hidden damage can lead to major problems several months after a claim has been finalised. We ensure a thorough inspection to ensure all problems are rectified.
Specialising in emergency repairs relating to events, we have been involved in re-building and repairing disaster areas in many locations across the entire east coast of Australia. We have experience in events such as cyclones, hailstorms, fire and flood. Our familiarity with these situations provides us with extensive knowledge and understanding in our systems. Dankav has a team of professional supervisory, trades and administrative staff who are trained in our insurance specific procedures.
What is Dankav’s capability?
We take pride in our capacity to quickly mobilise, handle claims and rectify damage. With our own trucks, mobile claims office, refuse skips and qualified tradespeople Dankav can get in and do the work as quickly as possible.
We provide a complete service of claim management including reporting, quoting and repairing as required.
We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and are dedicated to meeting service level agreements at all times. Our values and commitment have led to our reputable status among the insurance and building industry.
Dankav is an approved preferred repairer on the panel for Suncorp Commercial Property Repair Services and has also provided services to numerous other insurers and assessors including all loss adjusters, Vero Insurance, AMP Insurance, AAMI, APIA and GIO Insurance.
The claims process – how it works
1. Visiting and inspecting damage
The process will start with an appointment for our supervisor to visit and inspect your property. We will then prepare a quote for your insurance company. The quote will based on the damage listed on the scope of works provided to Dankav by your insurance company or assessor.
2. Make safe
Dankav can be appointed to undertake ‘make safe’ repairs to eliminate or reduce further resultant damage to your property. This could be putting a tarpaulin on a roof or disconnecting electricity to the property.
3. Providing the quote
We will provide our quote to your insurance company usually within seven days of our initial visit.
4. The next steps – assessing the quote
- Your claim will be assessed based on quotes or inspection reports from Dankav and possibly engineering or other technical reports.
- If the claim is accepted, the insurance company will authorise Dankav or an alternative repairer to proceed with your repair.
5. Planning the work
- Once your insurer has given Dankav the authority to proceed we will discuss the work program with you and how repairs can be carried out as quickly as possible with minimal disruption.
- Depending on the scale of the rectification work and state legislation we will provide you with a building contract for signing prior to commencement
What is covered for my claim?
Insurance policies differ in terms of what is covered. We strongly recommend that you read your policy disclosure statement issued by your insurance company. Your insurance broker or insurer can provide more information.
Does an excess apply?
An excess may be payable on claims – please refer to your policy. If an excess applies insurance companies may require that Dankav collect this excess. Should this apply the excess will need to be paid to Dankav before we start work. Dankav will discuss any policy excess that applies.
What about fences?
The area of fencing can be complex – generally if yours is a dividing fence, your insurer will only cover half the cost of fence repairs as it may be considered that you own half the fence.
If the fence is between your property and government or council land the insurance company may cover all the cost of repair.
Your insurer may choose to give you a cash settlement for the half portion, less any excess that may apply.
Can I get additional work done?
Dankav often gets asked to complete work outside the scope of what is covered by an insurance claim. We are happy to discuss this with you and it can be more economical to undertake home improvements when tradesmen are on site. An authority to proceed or a contract specifying the work will be drawn up and a deposit is required.
Who do I speak to?
You will have a supervisor assigned to your job and this person will be your primary contact. Our claims department will also be in contact and would be glad to assist with any queries you may have.
Call 1300 DANKAV (1300 326 528).